Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 8: Initial grading completed

All the preliminary grading steps were completed today. Water supply and electrical conduits were placed, and the trench was backfilled. A large section of the site was leveled for storage of building materials. All the last little piles of soil were smoothed out.

The geotechnical engineer made another site visit and approved the footing trenches for concrete pour.

All the other pics from today are pretty boring and technical, so I am closing with a pic of a snake we found hiding in a tarp last week. I think it is a scarlet kingsnake.

Thanks again for reading. I appreciate your comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I am enjoying your postings. Looks like there is good progress being made. Kieran says he wants to go to the construction site with me - those exact words. Keep up the good work.

Paul